At First United Methodist Church We Believe...
We are, first of all, Christian believers striving to make Jesus Christ central in our lives. He is lord of the Church, and it is around Christ that our vision, values, priorities, practices, and goals revolve.
We are a loving community of faith that offers compassionate fellowship, Bible based teaching, Christ-centered passionate worship, and opportunities to serve in order to equip people with a faith that works in real life.
- We believe in one God as expressed in the Trinity
- We believe in the God who creates us and this world in which we live
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s son
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who continually renews our faith and brings us ever closer to God and each other
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it contains all things necessary for salvation
- We believe that nothing, not even death, shall separate us from the Love of God that is in Jesus Christ, our Savior
We believe in the creator God, the continuing presence of the Holy Spirit, and Jesus as the Lord of our lives as well as the clear focus of our faith and salvation.
We believe that the Bible is the story of God’s love for humanity. It is the story of what God did, what God is doing, and what God will do in the future.
We believe that all people matter to God and therefore matter to us. People outside the church are among God’s highest priorities.
We believe that it is the responsibility of every believer to discover and use the spiritual gifts and passions given by God for ministry. We believe that as followers of Christ, we should be in loving service to others.
We believe that active participation in corporate worship of God is foundational to our spiritual health.
Our Mission and Vision
Mission: “We understand our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
Vision: “To be and be known as a Christ centered community of faith that loves people into loving Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”